Monday, May 5

HP1 .... doing his bit for World Domination ....

HP1 was lucky enough to have gone on a round-the-world trip recently, taking in Las Vegas, New Zealand, Australia, Tasmania and Hong Kong. Sue (his person) very kindly sent me some great pictures.


Here he is before the holiday, swotting up on all things Australian ....





Although he was very excited about this trip of a lifetime .... he didn't think much of the travel arrangements ....






When they got to Las Vegas, HP1 found it difficult to get his bearings, as one minute it seemed like they were in New York ....







.... and the next in Egypt ....






When they got to New Zealand it was lovely to be able to get close to nature ....





.... although not too close ....



(it was very hot - and smelly - apparently, and he didn't want his knit getting fuzzy, now did he?)







Ahh, HP1, I always knew he was a .....






You know how gregarious monkees can be, and it wasn't long before he made a new Kiwi mate ....


Sam




Good job too, as he needed some company on those long lonely evenings when Sue was out on the town with her husband, and they were left back in the motel room with nothing to do but look at the view ....


.... it's a hard life ....




But the highlight of HP1's holiday snaps (for me) has to be this one ....



.... mmm .... Krispy Kreme donuts - and he didn't even save me one!




Thanks Sue, for these great shots, and for reminding me that my monkees are better travelled than me. Do you have a big enough plastic lunchbox to take me next time?




12 comments:

Linda said...

Fabulous! Tell HP1 that he was not alone in not wanting to get near the smelly water in NZ, my son vomited as we walked into the place!!!

trash said...

Monkee Maker, have you shown these pictures to 007? I suggest doing so only once you have retreated to a safe distance - he's not going to be happy someone else is angling for his 'Diamond Geezer' title.

Mrs Moog said...

Fantastic holiday snaps! I'm now having to convince myself that I really can't be envious of a monkee made of knit....can I?

xxx

Munkeh said...

OOoo, I like the plastic lunchbox thingy! I just realized I have an actual plastic lunchbox in my trunk (even with a handle). I think the next trip we take Cole (HP33) will be trundling along with us. Sort of a (small) room with a view, but in complete safety! Then Missus Monkee Maker can say one of her troup has been to Indiana (I'm sure she will be envious of that) We are such world travelers on this side of the pond (HA!).

ger76 said...

Great pics hun!!!
I've given you an award for your blog you can pic it up from mine hun :)
Keep up the monkey magic!

Leanne said...

Lucky HP1... glad to see other are getting their monkees out in public.

sheep#100 said...

Great photojournal.

Gigibird said...

He needs his own series on TV.
Although I think he should demand an upgrade from a plastic box!

the vicious chicken said...

Cuh. Some of these monkees really are well travelled, aren't they? Now I feel guilty that the most exotic place I've ever taken HP8 is Stafford Services (not that the M6 isn't thrilling, obviously. But still.)
VCxx

Miaou said...

oh, call me cruel, but my fave is the one where he is squashed into the lunchbox. He just looks so ... woebegone :-D

Gina said...

Fabulous holiday snaps... my favourite is the one with him squashed in the lunchbox too - for comedy value you understand.

Anonymous said...

Thank-you Monkee , I was born in Taumaranui so your pictures brought a tear to my eye.You are the coolest Monkee I have seen.