Saturday, October 20

Prepare to be amazed .....


...... but not by me. Or a monkee. I'm taking a short break from the M word to tell you about this amazing artist, Julian Beever (apologies if you've seen his work before).

My Dad sent me an email with pictures of his pavement art and it's really mind-blowing. We were crowded round the computer here at Chez Monkee Maker for ages last night oohing and aahing and saying things like "That's unbelievable" and "How does he do that?" and "Would you look at the size of that" ......





..... Coke bottle










..... hole in the ground ..... mind the gap .....







This one will really get you (well, it did me) ..... her leg looks quite normal, yes?






...... but would you look at the size of it!!



My personal fave .....






...... and RGH's .....


(he's a sucker for Super Heroes)


If you want to see more of this brilliant artist, this is his web-site. I'd love to see his work in the flesh, as it were, but what a shame that it all gets walked or washed away.


Anyhoo. More monkee stuff tomorrow. I realise that it may appear that I'm back to blogging every day. What can I say? RGH likes us me to get up early so that he gets the whole bed to himself weekends are longer (more time to pack in more muffins - hurrah!). It's not like I'm hooked or anything .....

12 comments:

Melissa J. Lee said...

Absolutely amazing. I'd never heard of this artist before. I'd show it to the Husband right now, except I don't think he'd appreciate being woken up at 1am in the morning for it. I'm with RGH - I like the Batman & Robin one the best, followed by the white water rafters meet croc one.

Munkeh said...

Which pattern do you use for your monkees - ITV or Marion's? Whichever it is - they are grand!!

Locket Pocket said...

Ok, so they are amazing. But not half as amazing as your monkee's antics - stop deviating woman and give us more monkee madness! Lucy x

the vicious chicken said...

Ah, these philistines - there's nothing wrong with deviating from monkees occasionally (and that's the important bit). Especially if doing so means you have lots of material for posting every day :o)

Those pictures are very, very cool. I particularly like seeing the shot from the top of the lady's leg that shows how odd these things look from the 'wrong' angle!
VCx

Mrs Moog said...

Those pictures are so clever. I've seen his work on an email before but they never cease to amaze me.
I'm not really here ok? Just snuck home for some breakfast while Minx is at dance class and boys at footie. So of course it's a chance for a bit more blog reading. Seriously addicted now!
looking forward to more Monkee madness.

Jane said...

Amazing, Brilliant, words don't do his pictures justice but i love them. i have seen street artists in London mostly in the 70's when i was a child

Unknown said...

He's fab innie. And its rude not to blog everyday you know. And just so you are prepared, when I blog tomorrow (too late, done for today) Im nominating you for the 'You make me wee me pants' award. Or whatever its called :o) xx

Jodie said...

WOW - I thought I had a monkey obsession , it would appear by comparision I am only ocassionally vaguely interested in monkee's. I have just read ooodles of your blog and I Love it.

weirdbunny said...

Oh we all love super hero's don't we, this man's art is superb !

lauren bergold said...

wow. ...and somehow, the fact that it will all only last a day or so, makes it weirdly noble...to do that much work...that's so ephemeral... wow.

(how cool that someone thought to take that picture of the leg from the revese side!!!)

ok, i know a few other folk have mentioned this already, but it bears repeating: it's no longer a question of whether YOU are hooked on daily posting: rather, it's a FACT that *we* are hooked on your daily posts! sheesh! try not to be so *selfish*, MM, ok??! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are amazing - took me a while to get it. To begin with, I was saying to myself, "Hmm, it's a big Coke bottle, yes... so what?" Now I understand.

Duh.

mrspao said...

Oh wow!