Sunday, June 24

About a boy

...... if you can get away with calling a 40 year old man a boy, that is. Oh come on! It's been ages since I put any pictures of him up. Plus he loves it so (turns out he was fine with the 80's hair shots - it would only be current big hair pictures that he'd object to. Who can fathom the workings of the male mind?!)

Anyway, today my RGH has once again forsaken my ample charms in favour a group of sweaty, lycra-clad men with muscly legs ..... wait - why didn't I go again?? But I can't really complain (too much) because yesterday he was so busy that today he probably needs a break.

First of all he made this rather delicious flan ........




...... and then this rather luscious lasagne ........




...... and even a cheese-less one for himself .......




And all the while I was lying around eating grapes. Doh! Before my parents call to tell me off for my incredibly lazy behaviour, of course I wasn't just doing that! I was watching a DVD too. And knitting.

And then he did this ........






....... and this .......





....... and this .......





...... and then it started to get boring so I begged him to stop being so horribly busy and come in for a beer. But oh no. First he just had to do this .......





Until FINALLY, he did this ......


...... you don't think those two fingers are directed at me, do you?


So I guess he deserves a little R&R today. And if you call Bristol's Biggest Bike Ride a bit of R&R, then fair play to you. I call it too much like hard work.

And in knitting news, a small bout of Monkey Fatigue Syndrome occurred yesterday (the latest monkey-shaped creation I'm working on is proving a tad arduous), so I did this instead ......




..... it's from the free pattern by the very talented Julie, at Little Cotton Rabbits for a knitted cupcake (yes, I know I go on about her but when I grow up I want to knit like her!). But I wouldn't be me unless I deviated from the pattern slightly. It's meant to be one of these ......




I'm thinking of wearing it to Coffee #1 next time I go in the hope of getting a free muffin ..... heck, haven't I advertised them enough?


That's if RGH doesn't beat me to it .......


Cupcake for beefcake


And if I find out who it was that used 007 for door-propping purposes - there'll be trouble!



No comments: