Friday, June 22

Hard day at the office, dear?

You probably weren't aware of this, but yesterday was actually National Take Your Monkey into Work Day, and after a straw poll at home, it was decided that 007 would be the lucky monkey to go with me.

This is my office ....... WHERE ABSOLUTELY NO KNITTING HAS TAKEN PLACE - apart from at lunchtime, natch .........





And the waiting room ........

...... and there's 007. Waiting.



He tried to do some important computer-type work ........



...... but once again his pesky monkey arms proved too short to be effective.




So I put him on light filing duties (hurrah! I hate filing!)





But 007 soon indicated that he was fed up with that task ........




But as I was extremely .........


...... he had to make his own amusement.




Which he did, playing with my stuff ........

Sheesh - I thought this was a long month!


He sent an SOS fax for emergency supplies .........


...... but sadly the muffins never arrived. He'd put the paper in back-to-front. (Plus he doesn't have fingers so that key-pad was really tricky for him.)



At lunchtime I set him the task of making me a cuppa. Well, you've heard of the PG Tips monkey ........


....... but have you heard of the Coffee and Cake Chimp??




After a while I wondered why my coffee was taking so long, so I went to investigate. I came across this .........

....... but I have absolutely NO IDEA what he was doing (I haven't been to many office parties)!

Embarrassed, 007 tried to blend into the background .......

...... but he only succeeded in making himself look like some kind of freaky knitted Hannibal Lecter.


Well, a fun day was had by all, but I think I'll leave him at home next year. And just incase my bosses didn't actually realise it was National Take Your Monkey into Work Day, and think I was just monkeying around during office hours, in the interests of not getting fired, I'd just like to publish a small disclaimer :-


DISCLAIMER

The above photographs were all taken either before office hours or during the lunch-break. No office stationery was used (apart from one scrap sheet of A4 paper). And at no point was the photocopier mis-used ..... maybe just polished a bit.

Thank you.

Your dedicated Employee.

4 comments:

julie said...

I think take a monkey to work day should definitely become a national institution - we could all do with a bit more monkeying around!

dottycookie said...

I think this is the funniest blog entry I've ever seen.

Anonymous said...

Post attempt no...4

Hi Monkee Maker, just wanted to say I LOVE your blog. Discovered it yesterday after reading 'simply knitting' magazine.
Your monkeys are sooo funny. Had me laughing out loud a few times -monky antics, and all that hair - just fabulous - almost cost me a keyboard due to coffee damage.

Please God, please let this one post, or I'm just giving up.

I really mean it this time.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear Lordy, I didn't know I could post under anonymous.