Wednesday, June 20

The trouble with teenagers ......

...... is a list too numerous to mention here so I'll just start with one. They're so messy! RBD1 asked me not to venture into her room today as she couldn't be doing with the nagging when she got home from school. Me? Nag?? Ok, it's a fair point.

But obviously I ignored her pleas and headed straight up there. Our house used to be a bungalow and RGH and I live downstairs and the RBD's basically have the run of the upstairs and I venture up there as little as possible. Mainly because :-

  1. Teenagers live there
  2. I can't be doing with all those stairs
  3. It usually looks like this .........
Hello No. 10! Glad you're settling in there!




But sometimes, like today, I have to venture up for bathroom cleaning duties (don't panic, no snaps of the bathroom in case Environmental Health get called). And on the stairs I happened upon this little ..... bundle, and I really really need to know what it is. And why it's on the stairs.



Now. It LOOKS like hair, cut off and wrapped in a piece of kitchen roll. But it just can't be. Can it??


Anyway, all this got me thinking about my room as a teenager. It certainly got messy but occasionally I would have a really good clean-up and take pictures of it (some things never change!). And then I thought, "Hey, I know, instead of doing the ironing I'll trawl through bazillions of old photos looking for pictures of my teenage bedroom!". So I did. Luckily for you I couldn't find many but I did come across some other corkers ..... so here's a belated warning about this post :


WARNING : THIS POST CONTAINS NO IMAGES OF KNITTED MONKEYS BUT IT DOES CONTAIN OLD PHOTOS OF PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW. IF THAT DOESN'T FLOAT YOUR BOAT PLEASE DO SOMETHING MORE INTERESTING NOW. THANK YOU.


Right then, first up are the pictures of my teenage room post tidying :-



(I had a massive crush on Michael Praed in Robin of Sherwood)






And then I left home to work in a hotel and I still took pictures of my room. Plus I still had the crush on the delectable Mr Praed.



Then the next bloke I had a massive crush on ..... in fact I still think he's rather gorgeous, but he will KILL me when he sees this shot. Oh yes, pictures of him in knitted Y-fronts he can stand, but pictures of his big hair?? This may be my last post.




I tell you, it gives me happy bubbles just looking at that picture! So here are a couple more, just for me!



Then there are some fab ones of the RBD's (who will also kill me, if RGH hasn't already finished the job) ....

Hey look! RBD1 wasn't always messy!




A chicken pocked RBD2 on her 2nd birthday, celebrating in our very small wendy house. Oh, and RGH.


And to keep this entirely fair and to try to pacify my family, here's a rather fetching one of me - with EVEN BIGGER HAIR than RGH!!!




Quite frankly, looking at that picture, it's amazing we ever had any kids!


Anyway, enough of the trip down memory lane. In knitting news I'm working on something new (but it is still monkey shaped) which may take a few days, so expect more padding in the meantime. And look! Nearly 100 visitors - and only 78 of them me!!


No comments: