Saturday, June 2

I can't do the maths .......

........ and now my head hurts! No.'s 2, 3, 4 and 007 were knitted following the Sirdar ITV Digital Monkey pattern (but I made the legs slightly longer than stated).



And No.'s 5 and 6 were knitted double the size ........




So I thought I'd try and make a little one, half the size .......




But that's just silly! When I wailed "But that doesn't look half the size!", RGH patiently tried to explain the maths to me. Unfortunately somewhere between Area and Volume - I think it may have been at Pythagoras's Theorem - my eyes glazed over and I started humming in my head.

RGH suggested I try to knit one two thirds of the size. "What? But when I have to cast on one stitch, knit into the front, then back, then front of the same stitch - how am I going to do that?". Silence. When I looked at him his eyes had glazed over and I'm sure I heard humming.

My RBD's think it's cute and that I should carry on, but personally I'm thinking of knitting four more and making a monkey glove. It could catch on!


No comments: