Sunday, August 5

Belgium and France. Again.


We spent our penultimate night in Gent (yes, once again we copped out of the camping. I shall no longer be able to call myself a true campist).




We spent most of the day wandering around the town ........





..... looking tall ......



..... and pretty .....


And most of the night playing poker ......



Next day we headed back into France to the seaside town of Wimereux, for our final (and best) day. We spent all day (and evening) on the beach. Sunbathing ......




....... waiting for waves .......



...... and finding them ......



007 wisely stayed in the safety of my back-pack ......

They're mad aren't they?
Why yes, monkey. Yes, they are.


RGH and I .....

...... there's something coming between us .....


..... and the RBD's ......



The evening was beautiful .......

Art. In wine form.


We had a lovely time.






And then bright and early the next morning we were off to Calais.

To stock up on cheap booze ......


...... as any true Brit abroad would do.


Cheekily, 007 started on stash immediately .......


..... but that just made him gassy


Which lead to a rather unfortunate incident in the Chunnel .......
IF I PROMISE NOT TO DO THAT AGAIN, CAN I COME BACK IN??



But the last words of the holiday must surely go to RBD1's t-shirt, which sum it up beautifully .....



3 comments:

mrspao said...

You're my sort of campers :)

Anonymous said...

I think I'm in love with 007! Is he single?

julie said...

What a great holiday. 007 looks like one funky monkey to take on a trip - hope the others weren't too jealous! Good job you were around to keep him on the straight and narrow though - there's no telling what he'd have got up to in Amsterdam without your sober and steadying influence!!