Thursday, August 16

Mieke, Monda's Marvellous Monster Meets My Mischievous Monkeys

Meet Mieke, the blockhead monster, from Monda's etsy shop ......






After his long journey in a jiffy bag, I offered him refreshments, in the form of popcorn .....







..... and lemonade ......

But he politely declined.



Maybe he's just shy, as when I turned round, I found this ......

(it wasn't me, honest!)





And Mieke was off on a monkey hunt ......





Word had spread like wildfire that there was a monster in the house and I think the monkeys were expecting something a little more ...... scary ......


...... and they'd all run off to hide.





No. 6 thought it would be a good idea to hide in the porch ......

..... he was wrong



Mieke saw No. 5 escaping upstairs ......

...... but had to let him go as he apparently doesn't "do" steps



Then he found a monkey hiding in my bed ......




...... well, he thinks this pair were hiding ......





Next he checked out the shower ......




...... but he didn't look up ......




And in the lounge, he spotted No. 10 hiding between two fluffy cushions .....



...... and No. 9 under a curtain ......




In fact, it was only Kittypinkstars Super Sweetie Sock Creature who greeted Mieke, and offered up her sweetie as a welcoming gift ......






But Mieke declined. Politely.





They're now the best of friends and Super Sweetie wears Mieke's bow with pride.





And pretty soon the monkeys came round too .......

Group shot.



Competition News

There's still time to win this very pink monkey made of knit, by captioning the photo on this post. So come on people, get your captioning hats on and the one which appeals to me most wins (next Wednesday).


I like pink ...... toys


7 comments:

Tracy x said...

i hope that the person who wins pinky monkee is made aware of her some what loose ways.......
enough said
tracy x

April said...

I am shocked, absolutely shocked. I thought No. 7 was in love with ME!

My heart, she is broken.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely happy ending! I hope if I'm lucky enough to win pink monkee she doesn't try it on with Tiggy the cat who's usually on our bed!!

Rubyred said...

Blimey one rose and Pinky's anybodys,apparently!

monda-loves said...

Helloooo
I'm glad to see that Mieke is settling in well. I love it when they misbehave as soon as your back is turned. Your blog is always fun to read.
I tried to reply to the comments you sent me actually (copied to my email) but I got an undeliverable message so I guess I cannot reply via the comments.
Monda
x

Marianne said...

Well I can't blame pink monkee for falling in love with 007, he's such a hunk !
Glad to see they all became friends in the end.
It's always fun to read your blog !

mrspao said...

No. 7's romantic antics don't surprise me one bit after all doesn't James Bond have to just look at a female and all her clothes fall off? ;)