Thursday, August 2

France





Where the weather lulled us into a false sense of security ......







This is our camping set-up. RGH and I sleep in the awning (we tried sleeping up top in the Bongo a couple of times but the lack of loo facilities combined with the tiny trap door that you have to negotiate plus clambering down onto two sleeping children made it somewhat impractical. And as the testy teens have refused to sleep up there, we're relegated to sleeping under canvas. Fun!)




Fun while the sun is shining anyway. Did I mention we got fooled into thinking that our days would be spent sunbathing ........





...... and eating outside .......





...... well, we were wrong .......







Still. Next day was sunny again and we trogged off to the beach ......



...... on the way we saw some french ducks. Le quack le quack.



007 has recently learnt to spell his name .......

....... we're very proud of him



He's also got a diploma in rowing boat helm-man-ship .......




Although he's not too sure about the foreign cuisine .......


Hold the moules please, I'll just have the frites



Ahhh, what more can one want on holiday ..... wine (and beer), sun, your favourite knitted monkey (don't tell the others) and your knitting bag





Oh yes, shade. Can you believe I complained about the lack of shade?? Fool!





Cos then the rain came again ......




But RGH didn't give up the camping faith .....




It rained for 17 hours straight. He lost the faith then. Especially when we woke up and our pillows were soaking and had to go in the tumble drier. I accused him of excessive dribbling (again) but when we broke camp we realised that our air bed had turned into a water bed and we were sleeping on a puddle in our awning bedroom. Like I said ...... fun!




Tomorrow ...... the home of chocolates and beer ...... Belgium.



10 comments:

Michaela said...

Oh it's so great to have you back, what on earth did I do to make me laugh last week? 007 is so very clever to spell his own name, no wonder you are proud. Your teaching skills are obviously second to none - and you're teaching him a foreign language too. Amazing!

Did Myra ever show up?

Locket Pocket said...

Do damp knitted monkeys smell as bad as damp dogs? Or worse, do they smelly of soggy sheep?

Rubyred said...

So glad that you're back,really missed your monkey madness! Strange I know!

April said...

I'm so glad you're back and that you had such FUN on your holiday. I've missed the Monkees. And isn't 007 smart? None of my stuffed animals can write their own name.

Le quack le quack. Hahaha. I may have snorted when I read that.

I need to knit a monkee.

sheep#100 said...

Great pictures! Does that monkey really have a license to kill - or is it just licensed to kill with laughter?

sheep#100 said...

Like this:

<del>cross me out</del<>

mrspao said...

It looks like you were having great fun in France. I can't wait to see if 007 got to drink any Belgian beer!

Locket Pocket said...

Now Missus Monkee Maker how can you say I have talent when you can produce genius monkeys hey? Can't see any of them over on my blog and they are definitely a sign of supreme talent, skill and general insanity (I know a good doctor should you need one)
By the way, my word verification is "usmate" - thought that was funny too

Michaela said...

If you do run another competition (how could Myra do this to that poor little monkey backpack?) please put my name in the hat. I'm going away for a couple of weeks - visiting the in-laws before you all exclaim 'oh lucky you'!!!! I would hate to miss out on the chance to own an original 'Made By Monkee Maker' monkey! I shall be computer-less for a while. Shame really as I could no doubt do with a little fun injected into the holiday!

Anonymous said...

I'm a newcomer to the home of knitted primates, and I'd only been watching their antics for a couple of days when you went away - but you make me laugh so much. Thank you for that!