Friday, August 3

Belgium





RGH and I loved Belgium, and in particular Brugge. And in particular the chocolates .....


(well, 007 and I did)


...... the beer ......





....... although 007 found it quite tricky to get served ........




...... the cycle lanes and cycle-friendly motorists .......


..... and the architecture ........

Also, the friendly people - especially the very nice guy who worked at the garage where we filled up with Diesel, who paid for our fuel with his Mister Card (we had the wrong type of payment card) and then we gave him the Euros. Good customer service or what?

But I must confess that after getting flooded out of France then arriving in Belgium to find our tiny pitch also waterlogged we cracked. We parked up the Bongo, grabbed an overnight bag, hopped on the bus and flashed the plastic at a hotel in Brugge.


And it was FAN-bally-TASTIC!! (007 came too) ......




Not a soggy pillow in sight - oi, get your mitts off my chocs!




007 had never seen his 'n' her basins before and didn't know which one to use (neither did we)



And he had concerns about not being able to reach the taps


Gather round children, I'm going to tell you a story



Right after I've finished looking mean and moody


Ahhh, it was so lovely that they had to scrape us out of the door the next morning. It was just a shame that we had two kids and a knitted monkey in z-beds at the end of our bed, if you know what I'm saying (and I think you do).


Anyhoo. Back at the camp 007 seemed to have forgotten the whole camping routine .....



A little help here please



But he soon got back into the swing of camping duties. Like cooking our tea .......





Meanwhile, back in town we saw some slightly scary sculptures .......


But 007 didn't seem worried .......


Giddy-up horsey



In fact he seemed quite attached to one of them .......




But in his short life he had never seen anything like this before .......

Quick someone! Get that woman a breast pad!!




And he was intrigued by some of the locals .......

Cos it's not like he ever strikes a pose in public


Sometimes he even refused to come out of the back-pack .......


Nope. Get lost. I'm not doing any more. Someone call Unison!

On other occasions though, he was more than happy to work it ......

(ah yes, we spent quite a bit of time in teen fashion stores. RGH LOVED it!)

And finally we had coffee. But not as we know it - where's the muffin???


..... while the waffles were quite tasty they weren't a patch on the classic raspberry and white choc chip muffin (roll on tomorrow! *drool*)



Tomorrow ...... on the road to the Netherlands

8 comments:

Michaela said...

I take it all back. You are completely sane. It's everyone else who's mad. I mean, what normal person wouldn't take a monkey into a bar and buy him beers. And surely only someone incredibly sane would take said monkey (and daughters) to a fabulous hotel and let them sleep in the same room as them and RGH. And as to letting 007 anywhere near your box of chocolates...

I rest my case!

Locket Pocket said...

What on earth did they think of you over there? I'm glad to see the bar was fairly empty when you photographed 007 waiting to be served! (Mad Monkees and Englishmen) And as for 007 and those statues....!
Michaela's wrong - you are completely nuts!

Unknown said...

Giggle :)

sheep#100 said...

What a nutty monkey!!! :o)

Have fun with the <del> tag.

April said...

007 in a shower cap is CLASSIC. It's also now the wallpaper on my desktop. I hope you don't mind. :)

I need to knit a monkee.

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious! I particularly like 007 in the shower cap. I too must knit a monkey!

Anonymous said...

Your site is great! Love the monkees - must go knit one now. however, not sure if he will have as exciting adventures as yours do!

Anonymous said...

I think I'm in love with 007... is that wrong?

We're going to Bruges for a couple of days next month - can't wait now.