Tuesday, August 28

A present ...... for me

Last week I ordered one of these fabulous pouches from paper-and-string as a gift for someone ....







..... but when it got here it was so fabulous that I decided to keep it for myself. There was even a little surprise wrapped up inside. I won't tell you what it was though, because that would, you know, ruin said surprise.


I chose the one with the cupcake motif - even though there was one with a monkey on it! (Tough choice but I like cakes muffins too and I love the lining in this one)

So I've added my own little monkey/monster adornment ......







Monda has really started a big monster movement - I got this phone charm in Borders the other day and they're EVERYWHERE!


This pouch is great for keeping your phone and keys in .......





...... or ladies things (no photo necessary) ......




But what I most like to keep in mine is ......

...... my emergency chocolate supply.







In other news, I'm working on a little something new .....



..... I know, it doesn't look much like a you-know-what ...... yet.




And there's only two more days to enter my monkey back-pack competition, by leaving a comment on this post and I'll pick a name out of the hat on Thursday.





Right, we're off to the beach. I did mention we're on holiday this week didn't I? Anyone seen 007's wetsuit?


8 comments:

Michaela said...

Surely that pouch isn't big enough for an emergency supply of chocolate. I'd need something much bigger... say, um... a monkey back pack. It is very lovely though, just very small!

Locket Pocket said...

Well I for one don't know why you are still bothering with this "draw" charade - you know the monkey backpack belongs to me so why are you messing about???? Get it in the post girl! Have a good day at the beach - it's gone all cloudy here :(
lucy xx

Mama said...

Thought of you this morning when I got a coffee - and a blackraspberry/white chocolate chunk scone - from Caribou Coffee (don't tell my husband, I am supposed to be on a spending $ diet!)

Anonymous said...

You're right, that pouch does have very lovely lining. Don't go getting chocolate stains on it, now! Hope you're having a fun time at the beach.
VC x

April said...

Lucy seems to be under the mistaken impression that the Monkee Backpack is hers. Could you let her know that's it actually MINE? I'd hate for there to be some kind of silly misunderstanding.

Zoebert said...

Hmmm, let's see, what could the wire thingy be.....This ought to be interesting.

mushroommeadows said...

Wow what an amazing stash of chocolate! :)

Have fun on your vacation! :)

Melissa J. Lee said...

I have to agree with Michaela - a monkee backpack seems more like the size for a chocolate stash. Although I suppose you'd have to worry about the monkee getting into the chocolate himself... I gave up - posted an enticing photo of extremely ripe bananas on my blog. I think you should check it out. I think you should check it out while monkee backback is sitting in the room staring at the computer screen. Here, monkee, monkee, monkee...