Saturday, August 4

Holland



The road to the Netherlands was long. Very long. (We took the coastal route)






We saw plenty of windmills ......


(yeah, yeah, I know they're wind turbines)

Both old and new ........




On our way to Amsterdam ......





While we were there we did some of the tourist things ......




Rembrandt and ..... some other chaps (I'm good me, I really pay attention) ......





But I was a bit shocked in Amsterdam, as I've always considered myself pretty crude but it turns out I'm actually quite a prude. The sex and drugs culture there was a little too in my face (and the RBD's), and I felt quite uncomfortable. Hence 007 didn't come out much and stayed mostly in a bag.


Can't. Breathe.


But once again, I did like the architecture .......





And the cycling culture .......





The girls were keen to get an MSN fix in an internet cafe .......





And for once I was keen to get back to camp, where we humiliated 007 a bit in the kiddies play area (don't worry, there weren't any kiddies around) ......




I may be smiling but inside I'm crying


Don't you know who I am?? Last time I was sat like this I was having my monkeyhood tortured with a knotted rope



Right. That's it. I'm going to have to kill you.


RBD2 also humiliated her father again on the badminton court .......





While RBD1 found it quite challenging playing against 007 .......





Don't you just hate it when people insist on showing you their holiday photos? Don't worry, we're nearly done, just a few more snaps tomorrow then it will all be over.


Hang in there.


Right, I'm off cos I have a hot date with a coffee mug and a muffin shaped cake. Happy weekend everyone.

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Happened to come across your blog and I really like 007 ( and the others offcourse !)
I happen to live in Holland BUT I don't like Amsterdam very much too ! There are many other cities that have much more charm :-) Psst, don't tell anyone in Amsterdam I said this....

Deb said...

My youngest children (7) caught me perusing your blog this morning and insisted on seeing more, they absolutely loved seeing 007 on his holidays, we all had a really good chuckle!
Great work I love all your monkeys but especially 007!

RooKnits said...

Your holiday posts have had me in stitches each day this week. I love the monkey photos. Now even my bf is asking to see the monkey blog!

April said...

I think 007 should have his own travel show. He's dreamy. I'm glad he wasn't corrupted by Amsterdam.

I need to make a monkee.

Anonymous said...

I 'm glad you and 007 are enjoying your holiday!
I miss England and Europe (especially the chocolate!)
Looking forward to more pics!

From your knitting friend across the pond.