Monday, August 13

Sun, Sea, Sand and Six. Monkeys that is.

The answer is six. I know it was hard, but all the best puzzles are. Nia and rooknits got it right ...... I think they must have resorted to a magnifying glass!






We had a busy and fun filled weekend. On Saturday we went down to sunny Devon. But not as tourists, you understand (or Grockles as they're known in those parts). Oh no, we're all bona fide Devonians (apart from RBD2 who is the only Bristolian in the family), so we made the trip down south to visit our family.


Anyone who knows the South West will know that the M5 motorway during the school holidays is not a happy place to be. So we left at 6.30 am and arrived at the beach for a nice early breakfast and some great photo opportunities ......


The monkeys had fun posing .......






...... feeling the wind blowing back their ears ......





....... contemplating the sea ........

No. 11 : Are you going in?
007 : Are you kidding?? It's brass monkeys in there!
No. 9 :
(He's the strong silent type)



...... trying to master the rules of the Scissor, Paper, Stone game ......

007 : Stone
No. 11 : Stone
No. 9 :


...... and sunbathing on the promenade .......


No. 11 : I say, 007, isn't this spiffing?
007 : Are you taking the mickey??
No. 9 :



Then we headed over to my parents where a touching reunion was had by 007 and No. 12 .....




And 007 showed off one of his many talents ........




Never being one to hide his light under a bushel, he then wowed us all with his Jerry Lee Lewis impersonation ........




And while we were there the monkeys were fascinated by my RCN, and his take on the common difficulties faced by both teens and monkeys today .......

...... namely the problem of hot heads



007 tried to help my Dad assemble the parasol ......

...... but unfortunately got somewhat tangled up



P.G. then tried to help 007 out of his predicament .......

...... but then he too was in trouble



We couldn't visit Devon without having a cream tea (with Mum's delish home-made scones and jam) ......

(and if anyone tries to tell me I've got the jam and cream the wrong way round ...... just don't. Ok??)


And finally, have you ever seen a monkey puzzle tree?

Not like this one, I'll bet.



Competition

There's still plenty of time to get your thinking caps on and come up with a caption for the photo on this post, to win this monkey .......


I like pink ...... bags. And I'm nicking this one!

4 comments:

Madwag said...

I love your monkees... cute blog

Anonymous said...

Hello Monkee Maker!

thank you for your message on my Flickr account (from about a fortnight ago - I'm so speedy at checking these things! oops!). My monkey-making is going well, but sadly I do not yet have a finished article to photograph. This is despite having two monkeys on the go (my first had to be put temporarily on hold in order to start my second, which is to be a wedding present and has a rather pressing deadline...)

As soon as I have finished one (or both) of the little blighters, I will certainly be taking more photos than a proud mother might reasonably want of her first-born. And rest assured that you will be first in line to be badgered about looking at said photos. Oh yes - be very afraid.

Also: I'm with you all the way on the Great Scone Debate. Jam first every time, and never let anyone say different.

VC x

mushroommeadows said...

poor pg... :) 007 IS talented! :)

April said...

Cream tea. Mmmm. Cream tea. Almost as good as knitted monkees.

Jam first. Always.